Wednesday, July 4

Basking in the glow...

I’m sorry…please indulge me for just a moment…

It is always a good, good day when Ricky, uh, I mean Serena, no I mean Ricky, uh, maybe it’s Serena…(See my post on Friday, January 26, 2007)…Anyway, I always find myself celebrating when she/he loses like she did today at Wimbledon.

I think it’s always her post-match comments that irritate me most… There’s always a reason for her losing and it’s never because her opponents played well.

"I wasn't even sure if I was going to go out and play," said Serena, who played with tape on her left calf and left thumb. "If I'd have been healthy, I think I would have won, 100 percent." Oh please...

Now, my week will be made if her sister Venus loses soon…Oh please God.

Mark Nelson at 10:14 PM 6comments

6 Comments

at 12:21 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we pray for that? Hey! God I want him to fail in his game, could you do that for me, so I can be happy with myself?.....Serena and Venus are excellent players, as many of us they are imperfect. Do I always have a great comment to say?.....or sometimes I say things that people may see as irritating.... and by the way Venus won.....

 
at 1:16 PM Blogger jason said...

no offense, but i'm not aware of anyone who actually likes the williams sisters. maybe likes watching them play, but not them personally. it's almost as if they need or desire that animosity from the public as motivation to perform well. very similar to the underdog disease. no worries...they're both in their mid-late 20's, which means they're almost past their tennis prime

 
at 2:11 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I know that sometimes I can be annoying but that doesn't mean that I am not a good person. They play good and they are good match for the others in Tennis. I don't know them personally so I cannot give my opinion about them. I like how they play thou....

 
at 7:55 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've really never had a problem with Venus. she's courteous and rewards her opponents with praise if she loses. serena, ugh. i think she's still a great tennis player, but she's such a diva!! everything revolves around her. it's really tough to watch her talk about life and tennis and stuff. venus, i'll root for her depending on who she's playing.

you haven't mentioned a men's player that you like (that i know of) now that agassi is gone. do you like federer?

 
at 10:20 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for Rafa Nadal to win Wimbledon, and now Federer won his fifth one. Great tennis lately....

 
at 11:03 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! When watching Serena, my dad would always say, "she looks like a man!". And they gave Mauresmo a hard time?!

 

Post a Comment